Buying regionally in Victoria ? Here’s’ why you should consider Ballarat
Our Ballarat Buyers Agents assist clients in sourcing investment property or homes Ballarat. Our Buyer Agents have long standing and established relationships (since 2013) with local Ballarat Real Estate Agency representatives in the many areas that we buy in. These relationships ensure that our Buyers Agents have their “finger on the pulse” and are kept well informed in relation to in, pre and off market opportunities. Much of the property we buy for clients is off market, having helped over 100 clients purchase there over the last 8 years.
Investing in property is Australia’s favourite way to create wealth - and most common way to lose money.
At Property Mavens, our aim is to find you a home or investment property which secures above average growth and strong rental returns.
Here are some reasons you should consider buying in Ballarat:
1. The Regional City of Ballarat is Victoria’s third-most populous city. Ballarat is located approximately an hour and 15 minutes West of Melbourne. The area is well known as it is part of the Goldfields region.
2. Ballarat is serviced by four highways being the Western, the Midland, the Glenelg and Sunraysia which connects it to major cities like Melbourne & Adelaide as well as agricultural areas like Wimmera. For more details view Ballarat's economic profile.
3. Ballarat is accessible from Melbourne via the Western Freeway, it’s approximately 110km from Melbourne. A direct V-Line train from Southern Cross Station in Melbourne’s CBD can get commuters to Ballarat in less than 90 minutes making it appealing for people looking to live outside of Melbourne, but still work in the city.
4. It is reported that manufacturing is a large employment sector in The City of Ballarat and is its largest export sector with $671 million exported annually.
5. As Ballarat is a popular area in the Goldfields, tourism is a key industry in the area. Sovereign Hill, located in Ballarat is marketed as a family tourist attraction and brings many local and international visitors to the area.
6. Ballarat also has a large health and community sector, with this industry contributing greatly to employment in the area. Ballarat Base Hospital is the principal referral hospital for an area of 48,000 square kilometres and employs approximately 4,000 staff.
7. Federation University is based in Ballarat with several campuses in other nearby regional areas. ACU (Australian Catholic University) also have a Ballarat Campus. In addition to the two universities there are several secondary and primary schools providing options for residents in the area.
8. The 2016-2017 State Budget included an allocation to duplicate the Ballarat line to Melton to enable increased frequency of train services for the Ballarat region. Major construction is scheduled to commence in 2018 and be completed in 2019. For more details view: PTV & Economic Development.
9. Separate houses are the most common dwelling type in The City of Ballarat. There are many period homes in the area which have retained the features from their construction in the 1800’s and 1900’s.
We consider an areas employment opportunities, the quality of available and planned transport, infrastructure and education when assessing an areas suitability for our clients. We have purchased many investment grade properties for clients in the Ballarat area since 2013, as the area has met the client’s specific brief and strategy.